Parent Involvement at Imago Dei Classical School
As a support and extension of the family unit, Imago Dei Classical School considers the family to be of first importance to a child. Therefore, we are continually seeking ways to actively involve the parents, siblings, and grandparents of our students in the programs of the school. Below are just a few of the more common ways we do this. Please feel free to ask if you would like to try additional ideas.
- Join the Headmaster for Wednesday's Morning Schole'
- Join us for morning or afternoon prayer, praise, and catechism when you drop-off or pick-up your child.
- Eat lunch with your child.
- Arrange with the teacher to visit the school/class.
- Assist in the classroom, regularly or infrequently. (Again, arrangements should be made with the teacher concerned.)
- Act as a chaperone and/or organizer of field trips.
- Serve as a story-reader, song-leader (in K-3), guest artist; offer your special talents.
- With permission and arrangements with the teacher, present your vocation to the class or invite them to your place of business.
- Share your experiences, trips, vacations, as they may relate to an area of study in a class.
- Help hostess class parties, at home or in the classroom.
- Closely monitor and praise your child’s progress by reading all teacher notes and student papers sent home.