- Call or email the school with any questions.
- Join us at an Open House or schedule a day to visit.
- Fill out an application and pastoral recommendation.
- Upon return of a completed application and pastoral recommendation, if an interview with the family has not already been held, one will be arranged with the Headmaster. The interview gives the school an opportunity to make sure you understand Imago Dei Classical School’s goals as well as our policies and procedures. The interview also gives you an opportunity to become better acquainted with the faculty and ask questions or express concerns.
- Students will have a brief evaluation (at the Headmaster's meeting or scheduled for another time).
- Parents will be notified whether their child has been accepted or not.
- All financial arrangements between the family and the school must be understood and agreed upon before an admission is considered final.
Admission Requirements for All Parents
At least one of the parents must be a Christian who is a member in good standing at a Bible-believing local church. The parents of students at Imago Dei Classical School (including an unbelieving spouse) should have a clear understanding of the biblical philosophy and purpose of IDCS, as demonstrated in their interview. This understanding includes a willingness to have their child exposed to the clear teaching in accord with the school’s Statements of Faith in various and frequent ways within the school’s program. The parents must be willing to cooperate with all the policies of IDCS.
Admission Requirements for Students
- A child must have reached the age of five years by September 30 of the fall in which he would be entering Kindergarten.
- A child entering first grade must have reached the age of six years by September 30 of the fall in which he would enter IDCS.
- If a child has successfully completed the previous school year and his schoolwork and behavior compare favorably to the comparable grade at IDCS, the child will be placed in the grade for which he is applying. However, if there is evidence to show that the child may not be adequately prepared for the next sequential grade level, with the parents’ compliance, he may repeat the previous grade. Some students may be tested in basic skills such as reading comprehension, spelling, and math before being placed in a particular grade level. The need for testing is determined by the headmaster, in conjunction with the class teacher.
- The child should understand that his parents have delegated their authority to the school. Therefore, he is subject to the instruction and discipline of the teachers and headmaster in their prescribed roles at IDCS.
MDF member tuition will be 10% of household income* OR the per-student cost, whichever is less.
- 5% discount for families who pay the entirety of their bill up-front.
- 10% discount for five years, for families who enroll their children in Imago Dei’s inaugural year.
*10% of gross household income, verified by tax return.
*Based on full 12 months of payment cycle, May through April.